[opensuse-announce] openSUSE at Utah Open Source Conference
  • From: "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:50:19 -0400
openSUSE at Utah Open Source Conference

See the openSUSE Project at the Utah Open Source Conference this week!

The Utah Open Source Conference is going on August 28 through August
30 at the Salt Lake Community College. [http://2008.utosc.com/] The
openSUSE Project will be hosting a table to show off the latest and
greatest in openSUSE, and Novell and openSUSE also will have several
speakers/talks on the agenda including:

* Aaron Bockover: Banshee Media Player [http://2008.utosc.com/presentation/117/]
* Brian Merrel, Sanford Armstrong: Linux accessibility efforts at
Novell [http://2008.utosc.com/presentation/124/]
* Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier: How to bootstrap a community
[http://2008.utosc.com/presentation/103/]
* Andrew Jorgensen: openSUSE Build Service
[http://2008.utosc.com/presentation/18/]

As part of Hack Week, we'll also have a room set aside for Hack Week
III participants
[http://blog.utos.org/2008/08/19/novell-hack-week-coming-to-utosc-2008/],
so you can watch the hacking in real time.

The schedule runs from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. local time Thursday and
Friday, and from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Saturday. See the full
schedule on the UTOSC Web site:
http://2008.utosc.com/speaker/schedule/, and the events and activities
here: http://2008.utosc.com/pages/events/

We're also looking for more booth volunteers. If you'd like to help
with the openSUSE booth, please contact me about times and
availability during the show. Thanks!
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
openSUSE Community Manager