[opensuse-announce] Reminder: openSUSE Day at LinuxWorld Expo next week!
  • From: "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:19:41 -0400
Join the openSUSE Project for a day of fun and FOSS at the LinuxWorld
Expo! On Wednesday, August 6th, the openSUSE Project will be holding
its first "openSUSE Day" in North America, in conjuction with the
LinuxWorld Expo at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.

We'll have a full day of presentations about the openSUSE Project,
KDE, GNOME, the Linux kernel, the openSUSE Build Service, and much
more. Come by and learn all about openSUSE, pick up an openSUSE 11.0
DVD and some of the fabulous door prizes -- We'll be giving away two
Chumby's (must be present to win) and tons of openSUSE swag --
including openSUSE t-shirts, caps, and other big prizes.

The schedule runs from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., including an openSUSE
Birds of a Feather at 4:15 p.m. See the full schedule at:
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Day_at_LinuxWorld_Expo.

We will also have a booth in the .Org area at LinuxWorld, so stop by
and say hi and learn all about openSUSE. Attendance is free, and if
you're registered you also have access to the show expo floor. To
register, go to http://linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/register//SN335015.
Select the openSUSE Community Day and sign up.

Want to help with the openSUSE Day or help staff the openSUSE booth in
the LWE .Org Pavilion? We'd love to have you! If you'd like to get
involved, speak up on the opensuse-marketing list or contact Joe
'Zonker' Brockmeier (zonker@xxxxxxxxxxxx).

--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
openSUSE Community Manager