openSUSE build service becomes productive ...
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 09:39:54 +0200

The build service is still in its alpha phase, but we will use it for
producing our supplementarry updates from now on. This means
the build service does create already packages for daily usage.

Interesting projects which get build there currently are
* KDE:KDE3 (contains already KDE 3.5.3 and Qt 3.3.6)
* KDE:Backports (contains updated KDE apps without the need to update also
the complete KDE (big advantage compared to supplementarry))
* OSCAR cluster software
* Various groupware software (Kolab, OX, eGroupWare)
* Apache + php
* Kernel
* the openSUSE:Tool chain

This means that the supplementarry dirs for KDE and misc got moved from to the build service. Gnome will follow.

The packages are accessable via

Installation instructions are available at

Adrian Schroeter
email: adrian@xxxxxxx

< Previous Next >
List Navigation