SUSE Linux 10.0 Beta3 "Bangalore" is available
  • From: Adrian Schroeter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:06:21 +0200

SUSE Linux 10.0 Beta3 Codename "Bangalore" is ready for testing

Highlights:
- A PowerPC version has been also uploaded. It might not have the same
quality as the i386 or x86_64 version, but it is save to install if you
read this description from our ppc team before:

http://www.opensuse.org/index.php/PowerPC_Documentation

- Lots of the most annoying bugs have been fixed.

- The ftp tree contains YUM meta data. This can be used with YaST or any
other installer using YUM repositories. (It is not officially supported
for now)

Please report all bugs according to

http://www.opensuse.org/index.php/Submit_a_bug

A list of important known issues is available here:

http://www.opensuse.org/index.php/Bugs:most_annoying_bugs

For now let me just point out the following call for testing

We ask everybody for a short check of the Powermanagement and Suspend.
Please try to suspend-to-disk and if you notice any problems after
resuming please make a bugzilla-entry containing the following logfiles:
- the output of /usr/share/doc/packages/powersave/powersave_logs (a file
named powersave_logs.tar.gz)
- the output of hwinfo --all --log /tmp/hwinfo.txt
( file /tmp/hwinfo.txt)
It would be very helpful if you could try suspend-to-ram, too, but before
doing so you should read
/usr/share/doc/packages/powersave/README.suspend2ram

If you have a notebook, we would although ask you for another simple test:
Please make sure that you have started the kpowersave ('ac-adapter-icon in
taskbar'). Pull the ac-adapter (you should have a notebook with a battary
pack!) and look if the icon changes to display the battery charge level.
Move you mouse over the icon and check the tool tip if it has changed, too.
We had one (strange) laptop with problems, so please help us here.

Download URLS:
BitTorrent already works:
http://ftp.opensuse.org/pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-i386-Beta3.torrent
http://ftp.opensuse.org/pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-x86_64-Beta3.torrent
http://ftp.opensuse.org/pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-ppc-Beta3.torrent

Mirrors are still syncing and might not yet be available. However, existing
mirrors near to you can be found behind the new http://download.opensuse.org/
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/iso/MD5SUMS

x86 architecture (Intel 32bit) architecture:
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/iso/SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-i386-Beta3-CD1.iso
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/iso/SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-i386-Beta3-CD2.iso
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/iso/SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-i386-Beta3-CD3.iso
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/iso/SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-i386-Beta3-CD4.iso
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/iso/SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-i386-Beta3-CD5.iso
(Delta isos are also available, please read the README inside the directory)

For x86-64 (AMD64 / EM64T) 64bit architecture:
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/iso/SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-x86_64-Beta3-CD1.iso
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/iso/SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-x86_64-Beta3-CD2.iso
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/iso/SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-x86_64-Beta3-CD3.iso
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/iso/SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-x86_64-Beta3-CD4.iso
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/iso/SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-x86_64-Beta3-CD5.iso

For PowerPC architecture:
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/iso/SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-ppc-Beta3-CD1.iso
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/iso/SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-ppc-Beta3-CD2.iso
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/iso/SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-ppc-Beta3-CD3.iso
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/iso/SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-ppc-Beta3-CD4.iso
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/iso/SUSE-10.0-CD-OSS-ppc-Beta3-CD5.iso

The boot image for network installation (i386 and x86-64 only atm) is
available here:
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS-beta3/inst-source/boot/boot.iso

happy testing :)

bye