Re: [suse-amd64] Chipset support of SuSE8.2-x86-64-Beta9
Hi,

I think the problem is that - regardless of the GPU - on most AMD64
mainboards/chipsets, agpgart ain't working yet.
I'm facing that very problem on my ASUS SK8N, 3D should be working
(Radeon 7000 video card) but since I cannot get agpgart to load, no
matter what kernel, whether 32-bit or 64-bit mode or what distribution
I'm using - tried Debian, SuSE and RedHat and also several 2.4 and 2.6
kernels.

Hence as long as agpgart ain't working on nForce3 (don't know about the
VIA K8 chipsets), we won't have 3D-acceleration.

Martin