[opensuse-ambassadors] Welcome Siddarth P as ambassador to India
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 15:51:18 +0200
Team,

please welcome Siddarth warmly as new ambassador!

Andreas

Dear sir,
I am very glad that you have given me a chance to join as an ambassador.
I have answered your questions and those answers are given below

* What have you done already for openSUSE?

In our college i along with my friends have been running a free opensource
community
known as "SFOSS" for the past six months in order to create an awareness
about free and opensource softwares. Lot of students were taking part in
that campaign and i have promoted users to use openSUSE. I used to
distribute copies of openSUSE among those people.
Initially people hesitated to use openSUSE because of the absence of
proprietary multimedia codecs in the official version of openSUSE. so one
of
the members of our community P.SIBI(psibi200@xxxxxxxxx) wrote a multimedia
script to enable the proprietary multimedia codecs in openSUSE and i
distributed the script all over my college. so many people started using
opensuse.

* What are your plans for promoting openSUSE?

As a part our community we are running a website "www.sfoss.in" to promote
the usage of opensource softwares and to spread the awareness about
opensource. In future i planned to publish articles about the openSUSE and
its elegance so as to make more people aware of openSUSE and to promote
more
people to use openSUSE.

* What do you need to start promoting openSUSE?
My aim is spread to spread the usage of openSUSE throughout my region. so I
need some more members to join in our community inorder to spread campaign
about openSUSE and to promote openSUSE. And i am working to increse the
population of our community.

* What do you think is the best kept secret of openSUSE?

The elegance and the user-friendliness of openSUSE keeps it apart from
other
linux distributions. The way the openSUSE linux distribution is configured
is really mind-boggling.
This is the best kept secret of openSUSE.

* Why do you love to do this?

I love to do this because i really love openSUSE. I want to spread the
knowledge and happiness gained from using openSUSE to all over the world.
so
i love to do this.

The above answers are really true to my knowledge and if i am given a
chance
to work as an ambassador i will work with my soul to promote openSUSE.
I will be waiting for your kind consideration.

Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany