Re: Fwd: [mirror] Suboptimal (for mirrors) download pattern by opensuse clients
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 11:46:11 +0100
Benjamin Zeller wrote:

On 3/3/20 8:58 AM, Niklas Edmundsson wrote:
On Tue, 3 Mar 2020, Michael Meier (FTP-Admin) wrote:

On 3/3/20 7:42 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
mirrorbrain does currently not support https.  It simply does not
know about it.
That explains, can we somehow fix or work around that?
Basically someone would need to do some work on mirrorbrain itself,
the code.  It would be very nice to support https as well as ipv6.

Or you could switch from mirrorbrain to mirrorbits, which does
support both, and to which most of the rest of the world switched by
now, due to the complete lack of any mirrorbrain development (or
even merging of existing patches) for years now.

That's my impression as well, it's likely less effort than trying to
beat mirrorbrain into shape.

/Nikke

From what I see there is no metalink support in mirrorbits. Might be
the reason why it was not adopted yet.

Personally I've never heard of mirrorbits, but I have also not had
reason to look.
Despite some minor flaws, mirrorbrain is actually running quite well :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (7.2°C)
Member, openSUSE Heroes.