Re: Fwd: [mirror] Suboptimal (for mirrors) download pattern by opensuse clients

On 3/3/20 8:58 AM, Niklas Edmundsson wrote:
On Tue, 3 Mar 2020, Michael Meier (FTP-Admin) wrote:

On 3/3/20 7:42 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
mirrorbrain does currently not support https.  It simply does not
know about it.
That explains, can we somehow fix or work around that?
Basically someone would need to do some work on mirrorbrain itself, the
code.  It would be very nice to support https as well as ipv6.

Or you could switch from mirrorbrain to mirrorbits, which does support
both, and to which most of the rest of the world switched by now, due to
the complete lack of any mirrorbrain development (or even merging of
existing patches) for years now.

That's my impression as well, it's likely less effort than trying to
beat mirrorbrain into shape.

/Nikke
From what I see there is no metalink support in mirrorbits. Might be the
reason why it was not adopted yet.

--
Benjamin Zeller <bzeller@xxxxxxx>
Systems Programmer

SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuremberg, Germany
Tel: +49-911-74053-0; Fax: +49-911-7417755; https://www.suse.com/

(HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)
Managing Director: Felix Imendörffer