Re: Fwd: [mirror] Suboptimal (for mirrors) download pattern by opensuse clients
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 07:42:15 +0100
Benjamin Zeller wrote:

On 3/2/20 4:36 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
Benjamin Zeller wrote:

I have a new downloader implemented that would support multiple
downloads in parallel but I suffer
from the problem that mirrorbrains forwards me from HTTPS to HTTP if
I disable the metalink downloads
in favour of downloading full files only, curl errors out in that
case.

I know we could disable that error but I'm not really sure that this
is what we want. With metalink files we get the metalink description
over https , which includes all checksums for the several chunks and
then can use http connections as well because we can check if we
really got what we asked for.

Would be interesting to know here if we can configure mirrorbrains
to just redirect to HTTPS if that's what the incoming connection is
using.

mirrorbrain does currently not support https. It simply does not
know about it.

That explains, can we somehow fix or work around that?

Basically someone would need to do some work on mirrorbrain itself, the
code. It would be very nice to support https as well as ipv6.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.8°C)
member, openSUSE Heroes.