Re: [mirror] mirror status for 'mirror.hostsuisse.com' not updating?
Am 15. September 2017 18:35:21 MESZ schrieb Levon Avagyan
<levon.avagyan@xxxxxxx>:
I am sure there are lots of people like me who are happy to help and
contribute with maintainig mirror infrastructure.
Just tell us how we can help?

Oh, I'm sorry: I mixed up the mirrors list with the heroes one - that's why I
just pointed to the scanner machine without explanation... Let me add some
explanation below.

The link you gave (scanner.infra.opensuse.org) is not resolving. Any
other clue?

Since some weeks, we have a dedicated private management network for most of
the machines related to openSUSE. Members of the openSUSE heroes team (like Per
our me) get access to that network via VPN. This network is using the subdomain
infra.o.o (only resolvable via the also internal DNS in that network).

So if you want to help with the mirror management (which is very, very
welcome!), I see two options :
1) you are a (Ruby) programmer and can help with the "mirrorpinky" project:
https://github.com/openSUSE/mirrorpinky - which should allow mirror admins to
administrate their server entries on their own in the future

2) you join the openSUSE heroes (don't worry: they are normally friendly and
don't bite) and ask to help with the administration of the mirrorbrain DB.

If you have any questions, just ask ;-)

With kind regards,
Lars