Re: [suse-mirror] Opensuse master rsync server performance
Lars Vogdt (Lars.Vogdt@xxxxxxxx) wrote on Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 08:52:04AM BRT:
Hi

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 10:10:39 +0100 (MET) Niklas Edmundsson wrote:
If you can't increase the performance of the main rsync server it
might be beneficial to investigate a tiered approach where a few
select primary high-bandwidth mirrors sync from the master site and
the rest sync from the closest primary mirror. This is the way Debian
has been doing it for quite some time with great success.

We have a few mirror admins that allowed us to push content to them
(simply via separate rsync module on their side).

This isn't necessary. It's enough to trigger the updates via a ssh connection
that lauches the rsync from the mirror to the master. We do it with Debian.