Re: [suse-mirror] Opensuse master rsync server performance

Am 21.02.2017 um 16:15 schrieb Richard Brown:
stage.opensuse.org is hosted at SUSE HQ which is currently served via 2x
300MBit links.

This is being augmented by an additional 1GBit link expected to go live on
March 1st (ie. just over a week
from now). Assuming that all goes well, one of the 300MBit links will be
retired at the end of March

This is just stage 1 of improvements. In early May we should get a new fiber to
the building, which is
expected to go live on June 1st at a speed no less than 4Gbit. The remaining
300Mbit link will then be
retired, leaving the 1GBit link as our backup

So in short, we're going to have double bandwidth in a week, and 8x our current
bandwidth in a few months.

Why aren't you asking teamix to mirror openSUSE on the mirror of N-IX (mirrors.n-ix.net)? You are directly linked there (at least the member list and the index page of the mirror are telling this). teamix is connected via two times 10 Gbit to the exchange point, maybe the mirror can also provide 10 Gbit. The mirror is providing Gentoo, fedora and grml over rsync and I am sure they would be able to add openSUSE. This server could act as a second rsync.o.o server.

Greetings,
Christian