Re: [suse-mirror] Opensuse master rsync server performance
On Tue, 2017-02-21 at 15:32 +0000, Tim Bishop wrote:
On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 04:15:13PM +0100, Richard Brown wrote:
On Tue, 2017-02-21 at 08:27 -0300, Carlos Carvalho wrote:
Not here (opensuse.c3sl.ufpr.br). Last update took 18h40m with a speed
less
than 1MB/s. That's not enough for the rate of change of your repository.

Thank you Carlos, very useful to know the issue is more widespread

If it's useful, here on mirrorservice.org our sync times are about an
hour for

rsync://stage.opensuse.org/opensuse-full/opensuse/

So that's significantly quicker. Maybe we're mirroring a smaller set of
data?

opensuse-full is one of the larger modules, so it's unlikely

It's probably a case of poor peering between our current ISP and yourselves

Given this will also change with the new 1Gb/4Gb links on the way, I'm hoping
we'll find things improve for
the people currently finding things so

However my QA-tester sense is tingling. To satisfy my curiosity Carlos, can you
double check and confirm
you're using stage.o.o, and not rsync.o.o?

Tim, as everything seems to be fine and fast for you, can you please consider
changing your rsync module from
opensuse-full to opensuse-full-with-factory?

This will give us another Tumbleweed mirror in the UK, which we're quite short
on at the moment.

Many Thanks,

--
Richard Brown
Technical Lead - openQA

Phone +4991174053-361
SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
GF: Felix Imend├Ârffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
HRB 21284 (AG N├╝rnberg)