Re: [suse-mirror] openSUSE 12.1 Update Mirror Sync Problem
I joined the mailing list, so the remote mirror admins would know to
check their syncs.

I am trying to get rsync access to opensuse.org.

Mirrors that are broken.

Kernel.org: Has not updated since Oct. Admin has not answered email.
TDS.net: FTP side has blank directory, cannot get sync from. Admin
answered but has not fixed.
ANL.gov:Digest Errors. Admin no longer answering emails.
Temple.edu:Digest Errors. Admin has not answered email.

How many mirrors do, I as a user, need to test?

According to the Mirror Infrastructure page, in order to be a
registered mirror the site must give read only rsync access to
openSUSE for scanning to update the redirector. In the forum post you
will see that using aria2c to fetch RPM's, that had digest errors, the
redirector pointed to temple.edu which also had errors. So it looks
like your rsync scanner only looks for file names. Can the scanner be
changed to look for bad files and build a list of mirrors that are
either out of date or have bad copies and inform the admins. You could
post the list here, openSUSE should make this list a requirement for
being a registered mirror. Or send the admin an email, they gave you
one when the mirror was registered.

Right now a file I get from anl.gov has a bad signature but is in the
meta4 file has having the correct version.

12.1/Update/x86_64 # rpm --checksig
pdns-backend-postgresql-2.9.22-7.3.1.x86_64.rpm
pdns-backend-postgresql-2.9.22-7.3.1.x86_64.rpm: rsa sha1 (MD5) PGP MD5 NOT OK

Update/x86_64 # grep anl pdns-backend-postgresql-2.9.22-7.3.1.x86_64.rpm.meta4
<url location="us"
priority="7">http://mirror.anl.gov/pub/opensuse/opensuse/update/12.1/x86_64/pdns-backend-postgresql-2.9.22-7.3.1.x86_64.rpm</url>

The openSUSE mirror scanner could be used to find these files.

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mirror_infrastructure#Registering_your_mirror

Dave W

1. the problem on our side *should* be fixed. we have reports from
multiple users that they dont see that problem anymore.

2. syncing even just the update tree with --checksum will not make you
happy at all. I did the mistake and it will not finish in time.

3. If your own mirror (intermediate mirror) doesnt pick up the fixed
packages. which should have newer timestamps, then just sync the 12.1
update tree with --checksum. That actually finishes in reasonable time.

4. In the bug you referenced, you wanted to contact the admin of the
mirror, which you are using. Did you hear anything from them yet?

5. I verified stage.opensuse.org *and* rsync.opensuse.org that both
have the correct repositories twice. (once just a few minutes ago)

maybe we should remove your mirror from the rotation on download.o.o
until you heard back from the admin?

  darix

--
         openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux