Re: [suse-mirror] Announce List/Amount of traffic
Am Montag, 6. Juni 2011 schrieb Henne Vogelsang:
Hey,

I have a request from a mirror admin team to do something about the
traffic on this list (digests, announce list or something) and I must
say that I tend to agree. This list was initially setup to broadcast
important stuff and has turned into a list where everything about
mirrors is discussed. I think it's time to move this content to some
other place and use this list for the initial purpose again. I would
propose opensuse-mirrors@xxxxxxxxxxxx as list to discuss mirror
problems, additions, strategies etc. and keep mirror@xxxxxxxxxxxx as the
one address to send stuff to bother all mirror admins with. Opinions?

I disagree. Problems and additions belong on admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx because
no other mirror admin can do something about it, it's only interesting to
admins.

And I don't think there are so many strategy discussions that the traffic on
this list gets out of control.

Greetings, Stephan