Re: [suse-mirror] full repository push
Hi,

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Marcus Rückert wrote:
On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 15:01:30 +0100 (CET)
Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@xxxxxxx> wrote:

No, we need some mechanism to stop pushing during running pulls.

not really. pushing is in this case much more efficient than pulling.
the tree sees so many changes that it is much faster to just sync the
changed parts with a push mirror. on busy days it can happen that you
just pulled stuff that got obsoleted already and is queued to be pushed
again.

That would be OK and consume no additional bandwidth.

on top of that ... if we would block pushing to you while you pull, the
events will still be queued for your mirror and it would sync all the
"changed" stuff again after your pull.

Why not. "Alrady present" gets detected.

last but not least we scan your mirror after each push, also limited to
the subdir, so we get the database up2date as fast as possible.

why do you need the pull sync additionally to the pushes?

To force the deleting of obsolete files, just like coolo has pointed.

Viele Gruesse
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)

--
Eberhard Moenkeberg