Re: [suse-mirror] full repository push
Hi,

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Freitag, 18. März 2011 schrieb Eberhard Moenkeberg:
On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Stephan Kulow wrote:

For the mirrors we push the repositories on there is a problem:
we do not push deletes due the way the whole process works.

For this I consider doing a weekly full sync of the full repositories
tree. What would be a good time for doing that? Is the weekend
for everyone ok or should we do different times per mirror?

Best would be to watch /var/log/rsyncd.log at stage.opensuse.org for begin
and end of "client initiated" sessions with buildservice-repos-full and to
delay all pushes during that period.

If you pull in addition to the pushing you get into trouble as repos-full is
using a different white and blacklist then what we have right now per mirror.

I don't understand - what ist that "white and black" list?

My seen problem with "push and pull concurrence" is that rsync would delete on my side some freshly pushed stuff because it was initially not present at the server side.

Viele Gruesse
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)

--
Eberhard Moenkeberg