Re: [suse-mirror] Blogging about 11.3 launch - THANKS!
On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 02:37:03PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Saturday 17 July 2010 17:07:50 Keld Simonsen wrote:

Anyway it looks like the novell site has been taken off the list for
denmark.

We use Akamai only for the first day of the release. Let's see for the next
release whether we should give it a lower priority initially - or what are
your suggestions?

What seems missing IMHO from mirrorbrain is dynamic adjustments - so if
gwdg has bandwidth, we should raise it's priority and if it's saturated,
lower it. That way it could balance load even better...

If I remember correctly, we once where thinking about offering mirror
admins a way to set their mirrobrain score. However, as the score is
relative to other mirrors in the same country / region, we would need
another way for mirror admins to set their available bandwidth.

Do you guys have thoughts on this?

Best
Christoph
--
Christoph Thiel, Tech. Project Management, Research & Development
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG NĂ¼rnberg)