Re: [suse-mirror] Blogging about 11.3 launch - THANKS!
On Friday 16 July 2010 17:52:27 Carlos Carvalho wrote:
Andreas Jaeger (aj@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote on 16 July 2010 17:18:
>I'm blogging about the launch and will publish my article later today.
> The current version is here:
>http://pastie.org/private/orcmz76zjcybhy0tdki6ea
>
>If you have anything to share regarding bandwidth/download numbers,
>please tell me.

I hope you're not using Akamai for Brazil and South America... We
(opensuse.c3sl.ufpr.br) could have easily transmitted several times
more.

Also, mirrorbrain only sends us isos. There are two possibilities for
this. The first is that opensuse almost doesn't have package updates,
differently from other distros. The second is that it's sending the
packages directly to the clients, since they're much smaller. In this
case it's quite bad since clients will have to pull from Europe, which
is probably a lot slower than pulling from us.

You can just append "?mirrorlist" to a download link to see what
mirrorbrain would do, e.g.:

http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.3/iso/openSUSE-11.3-Addon-
Lang-i586.iso?mirrorlist

Looking at that one, I do not see your mirror at all right now - this is
something we should investigate. Darix, could you do so, please?

Thanks,
Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
List Navigation