Re: [suse-mirror] openSUSE 11.3
On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 08:44:07PM +0200, Keld Simonsen wrote:
On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 01:06:28PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Hi,

openSUSE 11.3 is gold and I'll upload it soon. I disabled some
mirrors from accessing stage.opensuse.org because they offer
/distribution/.timestamp_invisible (I should have written each of them).

I am a little puzzled about the prio on the mirrors list.
What does it mean? What effect does it have?

I Just downloaded the dvd from the 2 mirror sites listed for Denmark.
One has a 500 prio (cdn.novell.com) and one has a 100 prio (ftp.klid.dk - my
site).
And I got something like 16 Mbit/s out of Novell, and something like
60 Mbit/s out of KLID. So the faster the site is, the lower the priority is?

When I try the direct download, I always get the Novell site.
Maybe it should be the KLID site, as it is much faster?

Does the prio rating take into account that a site is covering more land?o

cdn.novell.com is supposed to be Akamai driven. It might be slower than other
servers though, although I would hope not ;)

Ciao, Marcus