Re: [suse-mirror] klid.dk mirror
Hi Keld,

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 12:53:53PM +0100, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
[snip]
It is a bit strange. Could you tell me the ip number/site addres that
you are calling from, and which time? The server is busy and that would
help me locate the log entries.

195.135.221.0/22 (195.135.221.2)

And, do your script still produce errors?

Looking more deeply at the scanner logs, I noticed more such error
messages now, in fact many more than I would expect, with other FTP
servers.

Indeed, the 550 is an artifact.

I no know that two things happen:

1) the used Perl module reports an error wrongly - what happens is a
timeout (421), but Perl claims that a 550 happened, which is bollocks.
Here's an example:

sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de: ftp dir:
ftp://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/linux/opensuse/distribution/11.0/repo/oss/suse/i686
Net::FTP=GLOB(0x112a290)>>> CWD
/pub/linux/opensuse/distribution/11.0/repo/oss/suse/i686
Net::FTP=GLOB(0x112a290)<<< 421 Timeout.
sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de: ftp status code 550, closing.
Net::FTP=GLOB(0x112a290)>>> QUIT

2) the timeout happens simply because the server closes the connection
after a minute or two (which is a completely normal and valid
configuration), because our local scanning process takes too long
dealing with the file list.

So I'll have to fix this with a reconnect, and make the scan work
faster to prevent the timeouts in the first place.

Thank you very much for your help!
And sorry for the false alarm.

Peter
--