Mailinglist Archive: libyui-devel (8 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [libyui-devel] how to build?
  • From: Thomas Goettlicher <tgoettlicher@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 10:52:32 +0200
On 10/18/2013 10:31 AM, Martin Vidner wrote:
Hi,

I plan to look more into libyui and I am starting by porting
libyui-qt to Qt5. (So far I have been more or less fighting with
CMake)
Martin, welcome to the libyui team! A port of libyui-qt to qt5 will be a significant improvement!

What is the status of https://github.com/libyui/libyui-buildtools ,
compared to https://github.com/libyui/libyui/tree/master/buildtools ?
libyui-buildtools seems unused.
libyui-buildtools was meant to be shared between the different libyui components. While improving the build environment it was moved to libyui. Thus, libyui-buildtools is obsolete now.

How does code make way from Git to the OBS and the distro? I think
the canonical way is described in the internal Jenkins server only,
where it is basically:

git clone
make -f Makefile.cvs
make srcpackage
osc ci to devel:libraries:libyui
Jenkins jobs look for changes on github (master). If the latest changes successfully builds jenkins submits to obs//devel:libraries:libyui. obs-auto-submit creates a submit request to openSUSE:Factory two days later.

During Hack Week 10 we tried to document the process for YaST at
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:YaST_development ,
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:YaST:_Development_Workflow .
Is there something similar for libyui?
There is no such document yet.

It is great to see Jenkins being replaced by humans on this list :)

--
Thomas Goettlicher
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,