Re: [heroes] Host fonts at static.opensuse.org
Hello,

Am Montag, 15. Oktober 2018, 22:37:24 CET schrieb Guo Yunhe:
The repository is opensuse-theme-chameleon. git pull daily is enough.

I just added semantic versions and published it to npm. Actually it is
already in CDN https://unpkg.com/ <https://unpkg.com/#/> which
automatically serve all node packages with version prefix. It is an
alternative with a little advantage: URLs are prefixed with version
number. So if I made some mistake in commits of chameleon theme, it
won't break all sites, because they use a fixed, stable version. I
hope we can also get a version prefixed directory. Like:

https://static.opensuse.org/chameleon/v1.0.3/dist/css/chameleon.css

We just discussed this in the heroes meeting. Hosting chameleon on
static.o.o is a good idea, but are not sure if using the version number
makes sense.

The reason for not liking the version number is: whenever you publish a
new chameleon version, you'll have to adjust several sites (wiki etc.)
with the new version number. I'm afraid that this will lead to staying
with old versions and missing bugfixes etc.

I also know that always serving the latest version comes with the risk
of breaking something - but IMHO chameleon is (mostly?) finished, and
therefore the risk is very small.

If you _really_ want versioned directories, we'll do them (hey, changing
version numbers everywhere will mostly be your job ;-) - but I'd
recommend to have one unversioned directory.

So - do you really want to have versioned directories?

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
"If you are using an Macintosh e-mail program that is not from
Microsoft, we recommend checking with that particular company. But most