[heroes] Re: Löschung von Einträgen
Donald Duck wrote:
Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

aus dem Jahre 2002 befinden sich noch Beiträge in der Mailingliste, die von mir verfasst wurden. Ich möchte Sie darum bitten, die Beiträge zu löschen, bzw. meinen Namen unkenntlich zu machen.

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen

Donald Duck

Hi Board

(I changed the name in the request above)

I usually ignore these requests of "to be forgotten", but every now and then another one turns up. Not frequently, at most a couple of times a year. To put things in perspective, sofar I have not had anyone insist or repeat the request.

In my role as the openSUSE mailing list admin, I could easily accomodate such requests, it's a bit of effort, that's all.

I ignore these for the following reasons -

a) fiddling with mailing list archives, no matter what was promised, is not to be done lightly. (in my opinion).

b) I do not have any official/legal standing in our mostly-ethereal openSUSE organisation nor wrt SUSE.

c) I am a citizen of the EU but I don't live in the EU, where applicable rules may or may not exist (IANAL, I simply do not know).

Just for your information.

I'm contemplating writing a wiki page to explain the situation, to give an easy reply to such requests.

cheers
Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (25.2°C)