Re: [heroes] broken for everyone, or just me?
  • From: "Knurpht @ openSUSE" <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2018 21:42:53 +0200
Op zaterdag 2 juni 2018 20:27:24 CEST schreef Felix Miata:
Knurpht @ openSUSE composed on 2018-06-02 15:03 (UTC+0200):
Felix Miata composed:
Knurpht @ openSUSE composed on 2018-06-02 13:49 (UTC+0200):
Felix Miata composed:
Logged into
https://forums.opensuse.org/member.php/17760-mrmazda?tab=aboutme

"Customize my profile" doesn't provide links to edit any of my
information,
regardless of browser used. Zip. Nada. The only link in the lower right
main section is "this page" under "Contact".

The forums are not under the control of the heroes, contact the forums
admins.

Where are those links squirreled away?

I though the hereos were the administative fixers of things web.

If you're logged in, then go to "Settings" on the top right, options will
show up on the left re. editing your profile.

Why does that "Customize My Profile" link in that OP aboutme page exist?
The only sensible reason I can think of for its existence, if it's going to
be there at all, would be to link to where edits are possible, such as:
https://forums.opensuse.org/profile.php?do=editprofile

IMO, "My Profile" and "Settings" in a forum both suggest the same
destination.
If you want the final answer to your questions, you'd have to consult the
Vbulletin forums/devs, or contact MF-IT. Those are the two options. The things
you're mentioning now, have been like this for at least five years. If "Why"
questions are valid in the ICT world, then mine is: "Why come up with this
now? ".

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member