Re: [heroes] status.opensuse.org
Hello,

Am Donnerstag, 31. August 2017 schrieb Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink:
Today I've been getting a lot of http 503 errors, sometimes the real
503 html page. Yet status.o.o shows all systems are operational. Bug
or a matter of polling intervals ?

That's easy to explain - status.opensuse.org is not automated (yet?),
which means someone has to login and mark a service as down/broken/
whatever.

I'd call it a bug in the admins ;-) if they don't mark a service as
broken when it's broken - but as every manual thing, this is something
you can easily forget when you are busy with fixing the systems.

If in doubt, join #opensuse-admin - and if 20 users ask if "$service is
down" is a known issue, an admin might be annoyed enough to update
status.o.o *eg*

I've noticed this before when the forums were down.

The forums are (AFAIK) still running in Provo, which makes things
slightly more interesting ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
There are a lot of times, however, where we do things that
feel like fitting square pegs into round autotools holes