Re: [heroes] Announcement lists for announcements only
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 10:52:44 +0100
Christoph Wickert wrote:

Hi,

I think announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx and security-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
should strictly be used for announcements *only*. This means,
* they should not allow random subscribers to post
* they should be moderated by a list admin (if necessary)
* the reply-to address should be set to a discussion list such as
opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Does this make sense to you?

That makes perfect sense. I think apart from the reply-to addreess,
this is also the current status.
I accidentally let through two postings to
security-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx the other day - we get a lot of junk and
moderation requests, I was just a little to quick.

In the near future, I intend to do a thorough review of all our mailing
lists and the various policies we exercise (or not). I'm slowly
getting fed up with being inundated by moderation requests caused by
people posting to lists they're not subscribed to.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (6.7°C)