many thanks, your tip did the trick:
3. there should be a directory listed, outside of
/etc/... , in older
Leap 42 versions, it was "/var/lib/rpm/alternatives/"
in opensuse tumbleweed it is "/var/lib/alternatives/"
4. in this directory there should be a file default-displaymanager or similar
in opensuse tumbleweed
5. in this (text-)file the displaymanagers and their
priorities are listed
6. edit to your liking and check again.
i did change the "35" back to 15
- before i have checked at a new tumbleweed installation, there it is 15
then i was in yast alternatives and changed manually to sddm, say ok.
go in again and changed back to "automatic"
now the automatic works as it should and has chosen sddm (number 25)
the only open question is still, why it was changed by a tumbleweed dup.......
but for me its solved.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse+owner(a)opensuse.org