Christian Boltz wrote:
Sorry, as expected, it was apparmor - and I was SO sure I'd
looked for that too. Thanks for reminding me to look again.
nscd did not have read access to the two nss config files:
These files don't exist on my Tumbleweed system. Do you know from
which package they are coming? (If you had to create them yourself, do
you use the path recommended in the documentation etc.?)
they're the config files for libnss-mysql, I wrote them. There is no
package for libnss-mysql. I almost certainly did not use the path
recommended in the documentation :-) - it's been 7-8 years since I
Bonus question: will these files only be used by nscd,
or will they be
used by "everything"? (In other words, should they be allowed in the
nscd profile or in abstractions/nameservice?)
I can only guess - judging by the fact that everything worked without
nscd, it is only nscd that has a problem when accessing
them. 'getent', for instance, works fine with no apparmor additions. I
use this setup on numerous systems, only that one addition.
I have (as on
the other systems) amended
Better / additionally open a bugreport to get it fixed upstream.
Nah, it was entirely my own fault. I knew I had forgotten something, but
I was so sure I had checked for apparmor problems too. I just needed
someone to suggest I check again.
Per Jessen, Zürich (1.5°C)
- your free DNS host, made in Switzerland.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse+owner(a)opensuse.org