openSUSE Security Update: Security update for wireshark
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2015:1428-1
An update that contains security fixes can now be installed.
Wireshark was updated to fix several security vulnerabilities and bugs.
- Wireshark 1.12.7 [boo#941500] The following vulnerabilities have been
* Wireshark could crash when adding an item to the protocol tree.
* Wireshark could attempt to free invalid memory. wnpa-sec-2015-22
* Wireshark could crash when searching for a protocol dissector.
* The ZigBee dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2015-24
* The GSM RLC/MAC dissector could go into an infinite loop.
* The WaveAgent dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2015-26
* The OpenFlow dissector could go into an infinite loop. wnpa-sec-2015-27
* Wireshark could crash due to invalid ptvcursor length checking.
* The WCCP dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2015-29
* Further bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed in:
To install this openSUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE 13.2:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2015-554=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- openSUSE 13.2 (i586 x86_64):