openSUSE Security Update: Security update for xtrabackup
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2017:0830-1
openSUSE Leap 42.2
An update that contains security fixes can now be installed.
This update to xtrabackup 2.3.7 fixes one security issue and bugs.
The following security issue was fixed:
- innobackupex and xtrabackup scripts were showing the password in the ps
output when it was passed as a command line argument (boo#1026729)
The following functionality was added:
- new --remove-original option for removing the original encrypted and
- now supports -H, -h, -u and -p shortcuts for --hostname, --datadir,
--user and --password respectively
The following bugs were fixed:
- Pick up username from user's configuration file correctly
- Incremental backups did not include xtrabackup_binlog_info and
- --move-back option did not always restore out-of-datadir tablespaces to
their original directories
- Incremental backup would fail with a path like ~/backup/inc_1
To install this openSUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 42.2:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2017-382=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- openSUSE Leap 42.2 (x86_64):