openSUSE Security Update: update for ack
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2014:0142-1
An update that fixes one vulnerability is now available.
- update to ack 2.12: fixes potential remote code execution
via per-project .ackrc files [bnc#855340] [CVE-2013-7069]
* prevents the --pager, --regex and --output options from
being used from project-level ackrc files, preventing
possible code execution when using ack through
* --pager, --regex and --output options may still be used
from the global /etc/ackrc, your own private ~/.ackrc,
the ACK_OPTIONS environment variable, and of course
from the command line.
* Now ignores Eclipse .metadata directory.
- includes changes form 2.11_02:
* upstream source mispackaging fix
- includes changes from 2.11_01
* Fixed a race condition in t/file-permission.t that was
causing failures if tests were run in parallel.
- includes changes from 2.10:
* Add --perltest for *.t files
* Added Matlab support
* More compatibility fixes for Perl 5.8.8.
- includes changes from 2.08
* ack now ignores CMake's build/cache directories by
* Add shebang matching for --lua files
* Add documentation for --ackrc
* Add Elixir filetype
* Add --cathy option
* Add some helpful debugging tips when an invalid option
* Ignore PDF files by default, because Perl will detect
them as text
* Ignore .gif, .jpg, .jpeg and .png files. They won't
normally be selected, but this is an optimization so
that ack doesn't have to open them to know
* Ack's colorizing of output would get confused with
multiple sets of parentheses
* Ack would get confused when trying to colorize the
output in DOS-format files
- includes changes from 2.05_01
* We now ignore the node_modules directories created by
* --pager without an argument implies --pager=$PAGER
* --perl now recognizes Plack-style .psgi files
* Added filetypes for Coffescript, JSON, LESS, and Sass.
* Command-line options now override options set in ackrc
* ACK_PAGER and ACK_PAGER_COLOR now work as advertised.
* Fix a bug resulting in uninitialized variable warnings
when more than one capture group was specified in the
* Make sure ack is happy to build and test under cron and
other console-less environments.
- packaging changes:
* run more rests with IO::Pty
* refresh ack-ignore-osc.patch for upstream changes
* update project URL
- port changes from devel:languages:perl ack by
* correct metadata: licence, CPAN download, homepage
* unset forced prefix - let Perl configuration and
toolchain determine the prefix/install_base which will
* bash completion is gone, remove dead code
- modified patches:
* ack-ignore-osc.patch adjust for upstream source changes
To install this openSUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE 13.1:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2014-87
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- openSUSE 13.1 (noarch):