openSUSE Recommended Update: syslog-ng: update from 3.4.2 to 3.4.5
Announcement ID: openSUSE-RU-2013:1755-1
An update that has one recommended fix can now be installed.
This update fixes the following issues with syslog-ng:
- bnc#850445: update 3.4.5 (bugfix release)
+ Related entries from ChangeLog:
* A race condition in log message reference counting
code that sometimes led to crashes was fixed.
* An assertion that happened in certain situations when
a subst() rewrite rule was used was fixed.
* A use-after-free error that sometimes happened after
a reload, and caused memory corruption was also fixed.
* patterndb was corrected not to create a new instance
on reload: this way, the old one is not leaked, and
db-parser() does not forget the correlation state, nor its
idea of current time on reload.
* Fixed the log message reference counting in the AMQP
destination, thus stopping it from crashing.
* Fixed a possible crash in the AMQP destination that
could be triggered when the AMQP server was unreachable at
the time of a syslog-ng reload or shutdown.
* pdbtool no longer segfaults when used with the
* pdbtool test exits with a return value of 2 if the
test value matched a different pattern than expected.
* The inherit-properties attribute was added to the
* A memory corruption was fixed in the @STRING@ parser
- update 3.4.4 (bugfix release)
- update to 3.4.3 (bugfix release)
To install this openSUSE Recommended Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE 12.3:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2013-889
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- openSUSE 12.3 (i586 x86_64):