openSUSE Security Update: Security update for clamav
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2019:2595-1
References: #1144504 #1149458 #1151839
Cross-References: CVE-2019-12625 CVE-2019-12900
openSUSE Leap 15.1
An update that solves two vulnerabilities and has one
errata is now available.
This update for clamav fixes the following issues:
Security issue fixed:
- CVE-2019-12625: Fixed a ZIP bomb issue by adding detection and
heuristics for zips with overlapping files (bsc#1144504).
- CVE-2019-12900: Fixed an out-of-bounds write in decompress.c with many
Non-security issues fixed:
- Added the --max-scantime clamscan option and MaxScanTime clamd
configuration option (bsc#1144504).
- Increased the startup timeout of clamd to 5 minutes to cater for the
grown virus database as a workaround until clamd has learned to talk to
systemd to extend the timeout as long as needed (bsc#1151839).
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 15.1:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2019-2595=1
- openSUSE Leap 15.1 (x86_64):
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-security-announce+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-security-announce+help(a)opensuse.org