openSUSE Security Update: Security update for nodejs14 ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2021:0066-1 Rating: moderate References: #1178882 #1180553 #1180554 Cross-References: CVE-2020-8265 CVE-2020-8277 CVE-2020-8287
Affected Products: openSUSE Leap 15.2 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that fixes three vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for nodejs14 fixes the following issues:
- New upstream LTS version 14.15.4: * CVE-2020-8265: use-after-free in TLSWrap (High) bug in TLS implementation. When writing to a TLS enabled socket, node::StreamBase::Write calls node::TLSWrap::DoWrite with a freshly allocated WriteWrap object as first argument. If the DoWrite method does not return an error, this object is passed back to the caller as part of a StreamWriteResult structure. This may be exploited to corrupt memory leading to a Denial of Service or potentially other exploits (bsc#1180553) * CVE-2020-8287: HTTP Request Smuggling allow two copies of a header field in a http request. For example, two Transfer-Encoding header fields. In this case Node.js identifies the first header field and ignores the second. This can lead to HTTP Request Smuggling (https://cwe.mitre.org/data/definitions/444.html). (bsc#1180554)
- New upstream LTS version 14.15.3: * deps: + upgrade npm to 6.14.9 + update acorn to v8.0.4 * http2: check write not scheduled in scope destructor * stream: fix regression on duplex end
- New upstream LTS version 14.15.1: * deps: Denial of Service through DNS request (High). A Node.js application that allows an attacker to trigger a DNS request for a host of their choice could trigger a Denial of Service by getting the application to resolve a DNS record with a larger number of responses (bsc#1178882, CVE-2020-8277)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15-SP2:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 15.2:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2021-66=1
- openSUSE Leap 15.2 (noarch):
- openSUSE Leap 15.2 (x86_64):
nodejs14-14.15.4-lp152.5.1 nodejs14-debuginfo-14.15.4-lp152.5.1 nodejs14-debugsource-14.15.4-lp152.5.1 nodejs14-devel-14.15.4-lp152.5.1 npm14-14.15.4-lp152.5.1
https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2020-8265.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2020-8277.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2020-8287.html https://bugzilla.suse.com/1178882 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1180553 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1180554