openSUSE Security Update: Security update for phpMyAdmin ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2023:0047-1 Rating: important References: #1195017 #1195018 #1197036 #1208186 Cross-References: CVE-2022-0813 CVE-2022-23807 CVE-2022-23808 CVE-2023-25727 CVSS scores: CVE-2022-0813 (NVD) : 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N CVE-2022-0813 (SUSE): 5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N CVE-2022-23807 (NVD) : 4.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N CVE-2022-23808 (NVD) : 6.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N
Affected Products: openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP4 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that fixes four vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for phpMyAdmin fixes the following issues:
phpMyAdmin was updated to 5.2.1
This is a security and bufix release.
- Fix (PMASA-2023-01, CWE-661, boo#1208186, CVE-2023-25727) Fix an XSS attack through the drag-and-drop upload feature.
- issue #17522 Fix case where the routes cache file is invalid - issue #17506 Fix error when configuring 2FA without XMLWriter or Imagick - issue Fix blank page when some error occurs - issue #17519 Fix Export pages not working in certain conditions - issue #17496 Fix error in table operation page when partitions are broken - issue #17386 Fix system memory and system swap values on Windows - issue #17517 Fix Database Server panel not getting hidden by ShowServerInfo configuration directive - issue #17271 Fix database names not showing on Processes tab - issue #17424 Fix export limit size calculation - issue #17366 Fix refresh rate popup on Monitor page - issue #17577 Fix monitor charts size on RTL languages - issue #17121 Fix password_hash function incorrectly adding single quotes to password before hashing - issue #17586 Fix statistics not showing for empty databases - issue #17592 Clicking on the New index link on the sidebar does not throw an error anymore - issue #17584 It's now possible to browse a database that includes two % in its name - issue Fix PHP 8.2 deprecated string interpolation syntax - issue Some languages are now correctly detected from the HTTP header - issue #17617 Sorting is correctly remembered when $cfg['RememberSorting'] is true - issue #17593 Table filtering now works when action buttons are on the right side of the row - issue #17388 Find and Replace using regex now makes a valid query if no matching result set found - issue #17551 Enum/Set editor will not fail to open when creating a new column - issue #17659 Fix error when a database group is named tables, views, functions, procedures or events - issue #17673 Allow empty values to be inserted into columns - issue #17620 Fix error handling at phpMyAdmin startup for the JS SQL console - issue Fixed debug queries console broken UI for query time and group count - issue Fixed escaping of SQL query and errors for the debug console - issue Fix console toolbar UI when the bookmark feature is disabled and sql debug is enabled - issue #17543 Fix JS error on saving a new designer page - issue #17546 Fix JS error after using save as and open page operation on the designer - issue Fix PHP warning on GIS visualization when there is only one GIS column - issue #17728 Some select HTML tags will now have the correct UI style - issue #17734 PHP deprecations will only be shown when in a development environment - issue #17369 Fix server error when blowfish_secret is not exactly 32 bytes long - issue #17736 Add utf8mb3 as an alias of utf8 on the charset description page - issue #16418 Fix FAQ 1.44 about manually removing vendor folders - issue #12359 Setup page now sends the Content-Security-Policy headers - issue #17747 The Column Visibility Toggle will not be hidden by other elements - issue #17756 Edit/Copy/Delete row now works when using GROUP BY - issue #17248 Support the UUID data type for MariaDB >= 10.7 - issue #17656 Fix replace/change/set table prefix is not working - issue Fix monitor page filter queries only filtering the first row - issue Fix "Link not found!" on foreign columns for tables having no char column to show - issue #17390 Fix "Create view" modal doesn't show on results and empty results - issue #17772 Fix wrong styles for add button from central columns - issue #17389 Fix HTML disappears when exporting settings to browser's storage - issue #17166 Fix "Warning: #1287 'X' is deprecated [...] Please use ST_X instead." on search page - issue Use jquery-migrate.min.js (14KB) instead of jquery-migrate.min.js (31KB) - issue #17842 Use jquery.validate.min.js (24 KB) instead of jquery.validate.js (50 KB) - issue #17281 Fix links to databases for information_schema.SCHEMATA - issue #17553 Fix Metro theme unreadable links above navigation tree - issue #17553 Metro theme UI fixes and improvements - issue #17553 Fix Metro theme login form with - issue #16042 Exported gzip file of database has first ~73 kB uncompressed and rest is gzip compressed in Firefox - issue #17705 Fix inline SQL query edit FK checkbox preventing submit buttons from working - issue #17777 Fix Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'inline') on datepickers when re-opened - issue Fix Original theme buttons style and login form width - issue #17892 Fix closing index edit modal and reopening causes it to fire twice - issue #17606 Fix preview SQL modal not working inside "Add Index" modal - issue Fix PHP error on adding new column on create table form - issue #17482 Default to "Full texts" when running explain statements - issue Fixed Chrome scrolling performance issue on a textarea of an "export as text" page - issue #17703 Fix datepicker appears on all fields, not just date - issue Fix space in the tree line when a DB is expanded - issue #17340 Fix "New Table" page -> "VIRTUAL" attribute is lost when adding a new column - issue #17446 Fix missing option for STORED virtual column on MySQL and PERSISTENT is not supported on MySQL - issue #17446 Lower the check for virtual columns to MySQL>=5.7.6 nothing is supported on 5.7.5 - issue Fix column names option for CSV Export - issue #17177 Fix preview SQL when reordering columns doesn't work on move columns - issue #15887 Fixed DROP TABLE errors ignored on multi table select for DROP - issue #17944 Fix unable to create a view from tree view button - issue #17927 Fix key navigation between select inputs (drop an old Firefox workaround) - issue #17967 Fix missing icon for collapse all button - issue #18006 Fixed UUID columns can't be moved - issue Add `spellcheck="false"` to all password fields and some text fields to avoid spell-jacking data leaks - issue Remove non working "Analyze Explain at MariaDB.org" button (MariaDB stopped this service) - issue #17229 Add support for Web Authentication API because Chrome removed support for the U2F API - issue #18019 Fix "Call to a member function fetchAssoc() on bool" with SQL mode ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY on monitor search logs - issue Add back UUID and UUID_SHORT to functions on MySQL and all MariaDB versions - issue #17398 Fix clicking on JSON columns triggers update query - issue Fix silent JSON parse error on upload progress - issue #17833 Fix "Add Parameter" button not working for Add Routine Screen - issue #17365 Fixed "Uncaught Error: regexp too big" on server status variables page
Update to 5.2.0
Update to 5.1.3
This is a security and bufix release.
- Fix for boo#1197036 (CVE-2022-0813) - Fix for path disclosure under certain server configurations (if display_errors is on, for instance)
- issue #17308 Fix broken pagination links in the navigation sidebar - issue #17331 Fix MariaDB has no support for system variable "disabled_storage_engines" - issue #17315 Fix unsupported operand types in Results.php when running "SHOW PROCESSLIST" SQL query - issue #17288 Fixed importing browser settings question box after login when having no pmadb - issue #17288 Fix "First day of calendar" user override has no effect - issue #17239 Fixed repeating headers are not working - issue #17298 Fixed import of email-adresses or links from ODS results in empty contents - issue #17344 Fixed a type error on ODS import with non string values - issue #17239 Fixed header row show/hide columns buttons on each line after hover are shown on each row
Update to 5.1.2
This is a security and bufix release.
- Fix boo#1195017 (CVE-2022-23807, PMASA-2022-1, CWE-661) Two factor authentication bypass - Fix boo#1195018 (CVE-2022-23808, PMASA-2022-2, CWE-661) Multiple XSS and HTML injection attacks in setup script
- Revert a changed to $cfg['CharTextareaRows'] allow values less than 7 - Fix encoding of enum and set values on edit value - Fixed possible "Undefined index: clause_is_unique" error - Fixed some situations where a user is logged out when working with more than one server - Fixed a problem with assigning privileges to a user using the multiselect list when the database name has an underscore - Enable cookie parameter "SameSite" when the PHP version is 7.3 or newer - Correctly handle the removal of "innodb_file_format" in MariaDB and MySQL
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP4:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2023-47=1
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP4 (noarch):
phpMyAdmin-5.2.1-bp18.104.22.168 phpMyAdmin-apache-5.2.1-bp22.214.171.124 phpMyAdmin-lang-5.2.1-bp126.96.36.199
https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2022-0813.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2022-23807.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2022-23808.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2023-25727.html https://bugzilla.suse.com/1195017 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1195018 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1197036 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1208186