openSUSE Security Update: Security update for tor ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2021:1178-1 Rating: important References: #1189489 Cross-References: CVE-2021-38385 Affected Products: openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP2 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that fixes one vulnerability is now available.
This update for tor fixes the following issues:
* Fix a DoS via a remotely triggerable assertion failure (boo#1189489, TROVE-2021-007, CVE-2021-38385)
* Fix a compilation error with gcc 7, drop tor-0.4.6.5-gcc7.patch * Enable the deterministic RNG for unit tests that covers the address set bloomfilter-based API's
* Add controller support for creating v3 onion services with client auth * When voting on a relay with a Sybil-like appearance, add the Sybil flag when clearing out the other flags. This lets a relay operator know why their relay hasn't been included in the consensus * Relays now report how overloaded they are * Add a new DoS subsystem to control the rate of client connections for relays * Relays now publish statistics about v3 onions services * Improve circuit timeout algorithm for client performance
This update was imported from the openSUSE:Leap:15.2:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP2:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2021-1178=1
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP2 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):