openSUSE Security Update: Security update for clamav
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2018:3505-1
References: #1103040 #1104457 #1110723
Cross-References: CVE-2018-14680 CVE-2018-14681 CVE-2018-14682
openSUSE Leap 42.3
An update that fixes four vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for clamav fixes the following issues:
clamav was updated to version 0.100.2:
- CVE-2018-15378: Vulnerability in ClamAV's MEW unpacking feature that
could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to cause a denial of
service (DoS) condition on an affected device. (bsc#1110723)
- CVE-2018-14680, CVE-2018-14681, CVE-2018-14682: more fixes for embedded
- Make freshclam more robust against lagging signature mirrors.
- On-Access "Extra Scanning", an opt-in minor feature of OnAccess scanning
on Linux systems, has been disabled due to a known issue with resource
cleanup OnAccessExtraScanning will be re-enabled in a future release
when the issue is resolved. In the mean-time, users who enabled the
feature in clamd.conf will see a warning informing them that the feature
is not active. For details, see:
- Restore exit code compatibility of freshclam with versions before
0.100.0 when the virus database is already up to date (bsc#1104457).
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 42.3:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2018-1310=1
- openSUSE Leap 42.3 (x86_64):
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-security-announce+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-security-announce+help(a)opensuse.org