openSUSE Security Update: Security update for go ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2018:4302-1 Rating: important References: #1081495 #1119634 #1119706 Cross-References: CVE-2018-7187 Affected Products: openSUSE Backports SLE-15 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves one vulnerability and has two fixes is now available.
This update for go fixes the following issues:
- golang: arbitrary command execution via VCS path (bsc#1081495, CVE-2018-7187) - Make profile.d/go.sh no longer set GOROOT=, in order to make switching between versions no longer break. This ends up removing the need for go.sh entirely (because GOPATH is also set automatically) (boo#1119634) - Fix a regression that broke go get for import path patterns containing "..." (bsc#1119706)
Additionally, the package go1.10 has been added.
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2018-1625=1
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):
go-1.10.4-bp188.8.131.52 go-doc-1.10.4-bp184.108.40.206 go1.10-1.10.7-bp150.2.1 go1.10-doc-1.10.7-bp150.2.1
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15 (x86_64):
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15 (noarch):