openSUSE Security Update: Security update for MozillaFirefox ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2021:1367-1 Rating: important References: #1188891 #1189547 #1190269 #1190274 #1190710 #1191332 Cross-References: CVE-2021-29980 CVE-2021-29981 CVE-2021-29982 CVE-2021-29983 CVE-2021-29984 CVE-2021-29985 CVE-2021-29986 CVE-2021-29987 CVE-2021-29988 CVE-2021-29989 CVE-2021-29990 CVE-2021-29991 CVE-2021-32810 CVE-2021-38492 CVE-2021-38495 CVE-2021-38496 CVE-2021-38497 CVE-2021-38498 CVE-2021-38500 CVE-2021-38501 CVSS scores: CVE-2021-29980 (SUSE): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H CVE-2021-29984 (SUSE): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H CVE-2021-29985 (SUSE): 6.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N CVE-2021-29986 (SUSE): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H CVE-2021-29988 (SUSE): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H CVE-2021-29989 (SUSE): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H CVE-2021-29991 (SUSE): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N CVE-2021-32810 (NVD) : 9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H CVE-2021-32810 (SUSE): 9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H CVE-2021-38492 (SUSE): 6.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N
Affected Products: openSUSE Leap 15.2 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that fixes 20 vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for MozillaFirefox fixes the following issues:
This update contains the Firefox Extended Support Release 91.2.0 ESR.
Firefox Extended Support Release 91.2.0 ESR
* Fixed: Various stability, functionality, and security fixes MFSA 2021-45 (bsc#1191332) * CVE-2021-38496: Use-after-free in MessageTask * CVE-2021-38497: Validation message could have been overlaid on another origin * CVE-2021-38498: Use-after-free of nsLanguageAtomService object * CVE-2021-32810: Data race in crossbeam-deque
* CVE-2021-38500 (bmo#1725854, bmo#1728321) Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 93, Firefox ESR 78.15, and Firefox ESR 91.2 * CVE-2021-38501 (bmo#1685354, bmo#1715755, bmo#1723176) Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 93 and Firefox ESR 91.2
- Fixed crash in FIPS mode (bsc#1190710)
* Fixed: Various stability, functionality, and security fixes
MFSA 2021-40 (bsc#1190269, bsc#1190274):
* CVE-2021-38492: Navigating to `mk:` URL scheme could load Internet Explorer * CVE-2021-38495: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 92 and Firefox ESR 91.1
Firefox Extended Support Release 91.0.1 ESR
* Fixed: Fixed an issue causing buttons on the tab bar to be resized when loading certain websites (bug 1704404) * Fixed: Fixed an issue which caused tabs from private windows to be visible in non-private windows when viewing switch-to- tab results in the address bar panel (bug 1720369) * Fixed: Various stability fixes * Fixed: Security fix MFSA 2021-37 (bsc#1189547) * CVE-2021-29991 (bmo#1724896) Header Splitting possible with HTTP/3 Responses
Firefox Extended Support Release 91.0 ESR
* New: Some of the highlights of the new Extended Support Release are:
MFSA 2021-33 (bsc#1188891):
* CVE-2021-29986: Race condition when resolving DNS names could have led to memory corruption * CVE-2021-29981: Live range splitting could have led to conflicting assignments in the JIT * CVE-2021-29988: Memory corruption as a result of incorrect style treatment * CVE-2021-29983: Firefox for Android could get stuck in fullscreen mode * CVE-2021-29984: Incorrect instruction reordering during JIT optimization * CVE-2021-29980: Uninitialized memory in a canvas object could have led to memory corruption * CVE-2021-29987: Users could have been tricked into accepting unwanted permissions on Linux * CVE-2021-29985: Use-after-free media channels * CVE-2021-29982: Single bit data leak due to incorrect JIT optimization and type confusion * CVE-2021-29989: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 91 and Firefox ESR 78.13 * CVE-2021-29990: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 91
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 15.2:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2021-1367=1
- openSUSE Leap 15.2 (x86_64):
MozillaFirefox-91.2.0-lp126.96.36.199 MozillaFirefox-branding-upstream-91.2.0-lp188.8.131.52 MozillaFirefox-debuginfo-91.2.0-lp184.108.40.206 MozillaFirefox-debugsource-91.2.0-lp220.127.116.11 MozillaFirefox-devel-91.2.0-lp18.104.22.168 MozillaFirefox-translations-common-91.2.0-lp22.214.171.124 MozillaFirefox-translations-other-91.2.0-lp126.96.36.199 rust-cbindgen-0.19.0-lp188.8.131.52 rust-cbindgen-debuginfo-0.19.0-lp184.108.40.206
https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-29980.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-29981.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-29982.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-29983.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-29984.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-29985.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-29986.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-29987.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-29988.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-29989.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-29990.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-29991.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-32810.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-38492.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-38495.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-38496.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-38497.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-38498.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-38500.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-38501.html https://bugzilla.suse.com/1188891 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1189547 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1190269 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1190274 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1190710 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1191332