openSUSE Security Update: Security update for python-httplib2 ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2021:0796-1 Rating: moderate References: #1171998 #1182053 Cross-References: CVE-2020-11078 CVE-2021-21240 CVSS scores: CVE-2020-11078 (NVD) : 6.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:C/C:N/I:H/A:N CVE-2020-11078 (SUSE): 6.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:C/C:N/I:H/A:N CVE-2021-21240 (NVD) : 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H CVE-2021-21240 (SUSE): 6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
Affected Products: openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP2 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that fixes two vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for python-httplib2 contains the following fixes:
Security fixes included in this update: - CVE-2021-21240: Fixed a regular expression denial of service via malicious header (bsc#1182053). - CVE-2020-11078: Fixed an issue where an attacker could change request headers and body (bsc#1171998).
Non security fixes included in this update: - Update in SLE to 0.19.0 (bsc#1182053, CVE-2021-21240)
- update to 0.19.0: * auth: parse headers using pyparsing instead of regexp * auth: WSSE token needs to be string not bytes
- update to 0.18.1: (bsc#1171998, CVE-2020-11078) * explicit build-backend workaround for pip build isolation bug * IMPORTANT security vulnerability CWE-93 CRLF injection Force %xx quote of space, CR, LF characters in uri. * Ship test suite in source dist
- Update to 0.17.1 * python3: no_proxy was not checked with https * feature: Http().redirect_codes set, works after follow(_all)_redirects check This allows one line workaround for old gcloud library that uses 308 response without redirect semantics. * IMPORTANT cache invalidation change, fix 307 keep method, add 308 Redirects * proxy: username/password as str compatible with pysocks * python2: regression in connect() error handling * add support for password protected certificate files * feature: Http.close() to clean persistent connections and sensitive data
- Update to 0.14.0: * Python3: PROXY_TYPE_SOCKS5 with str user/pass raised TypeError
- version update to 0.13.1 0.13.1 * Python3: Use no_proxy https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/pull/140 0.13.0 * Allow setting TLS max/min versions https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/pull/138 0.12.3 * No changes to library. Distribute py3 wheels. 0.12.1 * Catch socket timeouts and clear dead connection https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/issues/18 https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/pull/111 * Officially support Python 3.7 (package metadata) https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/issues/123 0.12.0 * Drop support for Python 3.3 * ca_certs from environment HTTPLIB2_CA_CERTS or certifi https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/pull/117 * PROXY_TYPE_HTTP with non-empty user/pass raised TypeError: bytes required https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/pull/115 * Revert http:443->https workaround https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/issues/112 * eliminate connection pool read race https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/pull/110 * cache: stronger safename https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/pull/101 0.11.3 * No changes, just reupload of 0.11.2 after fixing automatic release conditions in Travis. 0.11.2 * proxy: py3 NameError basestring https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/pull/100 0.11.1 * Fix HTTP(S)ConnectionWithTimeout AttributeError proxy_info https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/pull/97 0.11.0 * Add DigiCert Global Root G2 serial 033af1e6a711a9a0bb2864b11d09fae5 https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/pull/91 * python3 proxy support https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/pull/90 * If no_proxy environment value ends with comma then proxy is not used https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/issues/11 * fix UnicodeDecodeError using socks5 proxy https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/pull/64 * Respect NO_PROXY env var in proxy_info_from_url https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/pull/58 * NO_PROXY=bar was matching foobar (suffix without dot delimiter) New behavior matches curl/wget: - no_proxy=foo.bar will only skip proxy for exact hostname match - no_proxy=.wild.card will skip proxy for any.subdomains.wild.card https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/issues/94 * Bugfix for Content-Encoding: deflate https://stackoverflow.com/a/22311297 - deleted patches - Removing certifi patch: httplib2 started to use certifi and this is already bent to use system certificate bundle by another patch
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project. This update was imported from the openSUSE:Leap:15.2:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP2:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2021-796=1
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP2 (noarch):