openSUSE Security Update: Security update for tomcat
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2018:2740-1
References: #1067720 #1093697 #1095472 #1102379 #1102400
Cross-References: CVE-2018-1336 CVE-2018-8014 CVE-2018-8034
openSUSE Leap 42.3
An update that solves four vulnerabilities and has two
fixes is now available.
This update for tomcat to 8.0.53 fixes the following issues:
Security issue fixed:
- CVE-2018-1336: An improper handing of overflow in the UTF-8 decoder with
supplementary characters could have lead to an infinite loop in the
decoder causing a Denial of Service (bsc#1102400).
- CVE-2018-8034: The host name verification when using TLS with the
WebSocket client was missing. It is now enabled by default (bsc#1102379).
- CVE-2018-8037: If an async request was completed by the application at
the same time as the container triggered the async timeout, a race
condition existed that could have resulted in a user seeing a response
intended for a different user. An additional issue was present in the
NIO and NIO2 connectors that did not correctly track the closure of the
connection when an async request was completed by the application and
timed out by the container at the same time. This could also have
resulted in a user seeing a response intended for another user
- CVE-2018-8014: Fix insecure default CORS filter settings (bsc#1093697).
- bsc#1067720: Avoid overwriting of customer's configuration during update.
- bsc#1095472: Add Obsoletes for tomcat6 packages.
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12-SP2:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 42.3:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2018-1019=1
- openSUSE Leap 42.3 (noarch):
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-security-announce+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-security-announce+help(a)opensuse.org