The just-published weekly news issue, issue 14, will probably the last one that I can realistically do for some time, as my final year exams are getting close.
It would be really great if someone -- or better, a few people -- could take on the task of keeping it going during that time. If a few people just maintain one or two sections then we'd basically be there.
Dl9pf and Beineri (on IRC) have already agreed to help as well. Here is how I suggest running it, and any extra information that might be of help:
* Prepare on Tuesday, ask for proof-reading and coordinate on #opensuse-project and publish early Wed * Template of Weekly News at http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE_Weekly_News/Template -- will update later today
* Status Updates: ** YaST from yast-devel mailing list ** Distribution from -factory ** Packaging from -factory ** Wiki/Communication from -project list
* Planet SUSE: ** Select the most relevant/interesting blog posts
* Announcements ** Anything other than meetings listed on opensuse-announce or news.opensuse.org
* Statistics ** Beineri handles this section
* Security Updates ** Posts from opensuse-security-announce mailing list
* In the Press: ** Collect Links during the whole week ** Google Alerts for 'opensuse' is very helpful here ** search digg, tuxmachines, news.google.com, blogsearch.google.com for "openSUSE"
* In the Community: ** Any news specifically community-related. ** Include the latest People of openSUSE article.
* Past Meetings / Upcoming Meetings ** opensuse.org/Meetings will have upcoming meetings. See the opensuse.org/Meetings/Archive page for old ones
* Tips and Tricks ** Ask anywhere for ideas, generally try to use ones from the wiki, as they increase collaboration and can be improved/updated easily if need-be. ** Avoid very in-depth/super-technical articles. General use-case is a normal user, though slightly advanced things (i.e. today's editing configuration files) are not so bad.
Announce to: ** news.opensuse.org using the template ** opensuse-announce mailing list ** Update http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE_Weekly_News ** http://en.opensuse.org. If you don't have permission to edit the home page, ask one of the sysops
I will probably be around on Tuesday for a bit to help too, but I would rather hand things over now than at a time when I won't be around at all.
 This feed can help: http://digg.com/rss_search?search=opensuse&area=all&type=both%C2%A7i...  http://en.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Special%3AListusers&group=sysop&a...