Seem they forgot to warn us.
Don't hesitate to reshare to your friends and relatives.
---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Subject: [FOSDEM] Distributions Devroom CFP
Date: Monday 02 November 2015, 15.46:23
From: Brian Stinson <brian(a)bstinson.com>
CC: devel(a)lists.fedoraproject.org, centos-devel(a)centos.org,
FOSDEM 2016 - Distributions Devroom Call for Participation
The Distributions devroom will take place 30 & 31 January, 2016 at FOSDEM, in
room K.4.201 at Université Libre de Bruxelles, in Brussels, Belgium.
As Linux distributions converge on similar tools, the problem space overlapping
different distributions is growing. This standardization across the
distributions presents an opportunity to develop generic solutions to the
problems of aggregating, building, and maintaining the pieces that go into a
We welcome submissions targeted at developers interested in issues unique to
distributions, especially in the following topics:
- Cross-distribution collaboration on common issues, eg: content distribution and
- Working with vendor relationships (eg. cloud providers, non-commodity hardware vendors
- The future of distributions, emerging trends and evolving user demands from the idea of
- User experience management ( onboarding new users, facilitating technical growth, user
to contribution transitions etc )
- Building trust and code relationships with the upstream components of a distribution
- Solving traditional problems like package management, and content management (eg.
- Contributor resource management, centralised trust management, key trust etc
- Integration technologies like installers, deployment facilitation ( eg. cloud
Submissions may be in the form of 30-55 minute talks, panel sessions,
round-table discussions, Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions or lightning talks.
Submission Deadline: 10th Dec 2015
Acceptance Notification: 15th Dec 2015
Final Schedule Posted: 17th Dec 2015
How to submit
1.) If you do not have an account, create one here
2.) Click 'Create Event'
3.) Enter your presentation details
4.) Be sure to select the Distributions Devroom track!
What to include
- The title of your submission
- A 1-paragraph Abstract
- A longer description including the benefit of your talk to your target audience
- Approximate length / type of submission (talk, BoF, ...)
- Links to related websites/blogs/talk material (if any)
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the devroom organizers:
Karanbir Singh (twitter: @kbsingh) and Brian Stinson (twitter: @bstinsonmhk)
for and on behalf of The Distributions Devroom Program Committee
FOSDEM mailing list
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch
openSUSE Member & Board, fsfe fellowship
GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-project+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, email: opensuse-project+owner(a)opensuse.org