# Board Meeting Minutes 25 July 1600 CEST
- Richard Brown - Chair
- Bryan Lunduke
- Kostas Koudaras
- Gertjan Lettink
- Andrew Wafaa (Treasurer)
- Tomas Chvatal - Work
- Michal Hrušecký - Moving home
## General Items
### oSC 17 Partnerships
oSC 16 was a great success in part because of the wide selection of
interesting Keynote speakers and Partners involved in the conference.
We want to build on that success, which means we need to start
thinking about who to involve with oSC 17 already.
Next Board Meeting will be focused on this, and we will be inviting
both Roland Haidl (Director of Operations & Communities at SUSE) and
Douglas DeMaio (openSUSE Marketing Manager) to discuss this with us.
### Mailinglist Moderation
Tomas sent a formal warning to a misbehaving mailinglist poster.
Warning recieved a mixed response from the contributor. Board decided
to continue to encorage and positively reinforce good behaviour.
Lots of positive feedback from users of the TSP for oSC 16
One bit of feedback from SUSE's finance team - Please submit
applications in only one currency
AI: Andrew to discuss with Ancor about changing the application to
stop 'split currency' applications.
### openSUSE Asia
Board has confirmed the amount of SUSE's sponsorship for openSUSE Asia
with the openSUSE Asia team
### Trademark Request
The Board have heard from the members with the outstanding Trademark
request. Local legal requirements complicate our proposed solution.
### Membership Tidyup
No action as Michal is busy moving house
The Board remains concerned about ongoing Infrastructure issues. Board
notes that some efforts have been made to improve the situation with
and other Provo hosted openSUSE services, but would
like to see a sustainable long term solution.
Recent changes to www.opensuse.org
are still not deployed.
The Board has noticed some progress on tickets to admin(a)opensuse.org.
AI: Richard to continuing having regular meetings with Roland and Lars
to drive progress in this area.
### SLE Packages
The Board has spotted a number of cases in Leap 42.2 Alpha 2 where
packages inherited from SLE are newer than the ones available in
Tumbleweed or Devel Repos.
Reminders seem to have helped, but problem still ongoing.
AI: Richard to send both general and directed reminders internally at
SUSE to remind them of the SUSE company policy to contribute to
Tumbleweed before/in parralel/in sync with their work on SLE.
The Board is very pleased to see Plasma 5.8 has been declared an LTS
release, but notices it's estimated release date is possibly too close
to Leap 42.2 estimated release date to make it's inclusion easy.
As an LTS Plasma release seems to be a natural choice for a
distribution like Leap, the Board will happily support in any way it
can, any efforts from both the openSUSE Project and upstream KDE to
investigate whether we can somehow integrate Plasma 5.8 before the
release of Leap 42.2.
## Action Item Review
Due to the large number of action items, the progress of these will be
split into 3 sections
- DONE; This task is complete and will not be discussed in future meetings
- WIP; This task is in progress, and will be discussed in future meetings
- TODO; This task is still waiting for some progress by the Board
Board + Ludwig to figure out what to do with all the Volunteers for
the "openSUSE Release Team"
*Richard & Ludwig to discuss*
Board is discussing some ideas with our various Desktop Teams
Michal is retiring connect.opensuse.org
and doing the Membership
tooling and maintenance.
Tomas has talked with Craig about OBS team preparing the code for
*Feature in OBS teams TODO*
Bryan has started arrange informal exploratory discussions with
ownCloud, nextCloud and Kolab about closer relationships. Had some
good chats at oSC 16.
*Bryan to keep driving*
Kostas is reaching out to our few bloggers on lizards.opensuse.org
about moving to other platforms.
Richard has been talking to Douglas about the possibility of moving
to a new blogging platform. Richard's personal blog
is running a potential candidate (Jekyll with custom openSUSE theme.
Board to request release-team(a)opensuse.org list for the Release Team
Board to investigate alternatives for voting & membership management
_To be done after the Membership Tidy Up_
Tomas will investigate Helios voting system for openSUSE
Richard to review/tune up filtering in current system so trademark
enquiries don't get lost
Tomas will talk with Andrew and Marketing teams about possible Kickstarter
Board intends to create a skeleton of the getting started guides to
help people get started with Using, Joining, and Partnering with
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-project+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, email: opensuse-project+owner(a)opensuse.org