The openSUSE Travel Support Team is happy to announce that we are
ready to process applications to sponsor openSUSE people to attend
The openSUSE Summit will happen in Orlando, Florida - September 21-23, 2012.
Instructions on how to apply and further information about the Travel
Support Program and eligibility can be found
The Sponsorship Request period for openSUSE Summit ends on July 20,
2012. Responses will be given before July 30, 2012.
Some additional comments:
* A clear and complete application is faster and easier to process, so
please read the wiki page carefully!
* We cannot fulfill all requests, keep in mind that there is no
guarantee you will get sponsored.
* Sponsorship decisions are influenced by the history of the
requester, like having followed the requirement of writing a report
about a conference you attended with sponsorship or having send in the
required paperwork in time.
* If you were part of Google Summer of Code as openSUSE student or
mentor you should mention it in your application.
* If you submitted an abstract to be presented at openSUSE Summit
should mention it in your application.
The Travel Team sends a reply upon receiving your application. We will
then wait for all applicants to send in their requests for the event
and only once we have a full overview, responses will be given. Please
do not send personal emails, always CC the travel-support team in your
On behalf of openSUSE Travel Support Team
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-project+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, email: opensuse-project+owner(a)opensuse.org