as announced a while ago on the big lists  we will move this list to the new mailinglist server. We have also decided to rename it while moving it. All this will happen this friday (2006.11.10). I cant say exactly at which time but i will send a short heads-up mail right before we are doing it.
This means a few things for you.
1. This list, email@example.com, will be renamed to firstname.lastname@example.org This means that mails to you will come from the new address and for posting you also have to send mail to email@example.com. The old list adress will still work but is depreceated. I will turn it off in the future (with notice).
2. Your subscription will get transfered to the new listserver. No action on your part is required to continue reciving mails from this list.
3. Because of the renaming the mailinglist headers will change. If you filter for headers in your mail setup please adopt your setup accordingly. New headers will look like this:
Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by mlmmj X-Mailinglist: opensuse-programming List-Post: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org List-Help: mailto:email@example.com List-Subscribe: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org List-Unsubscribe: mailto:email@example.com List-Owner: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Mails will originate from the new server. If you accepts listmails only from the listserver adopt your setup accordingly. The mails will originate from
DNS: lists4.suse.de IP: 126.96.36.199
5. The webarchive of this list is located at http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-programming/
6. We are using a new mailinglist manager on the new server. This means some aspects of using the list changed. Some features are dropped and some new features are added. For a complete list check out this post: http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-announce/2006-08/msg00005.html
7. If you have any problems at all with the new setup please dont hesitate to contact me!
On Wednesday 08 November 2006 19:49, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by mlmmj
Could you please keep the old mailing list ID in parallell, at least for a while, so I don't have to change all my filters all in one go?