Please note that this mail was generated by a script.
The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD.
The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading:
Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug on
For more information on filing bugs please see
irqbalance (1.7.0 -> 1.7.0+git20210222.9db8d5c)
pipewire (0.3.22 -> 0.3.23)
userspace-rcu (0.12.1 -> 0.12.2)
=== Details ===
==== grub2 ====
Subpackages: grub2-i386-pc grub2-snapper-plugin grub2-x86_64-efi
- Fix chainloading windows on dual boot machine (bsc#1183073)
- VUL-0: grub2,shim: implement new SBAT method (bsc#1182057)
- Fix CVE-2021-20225 (bsc#1182262)
- Fix CVE-2020-27749 (bsc#1179264)
- Fix CVE-2021-20233 (bsc#1182263)
- Fix CVE-2020-25647 (bsc#1177883)
- Fix CVE-2020-25632 (bsc#1176711)
- Fix CVE-2020-27779, CVE-2020-14372 (bsc#1179265) (bsc#1175970)
- Drop patch supersceded by the new backport
- Add SBAT metadata section to grub.efi
- Drop shim_lock module as it is part of core of grub.efi
==== irqbalance ====
Version update (1.7.0 -> 1.7.0+git20210222.9db8d5c)
- Update to version 1.7.0+git20210222.9db8d5c:
* ui: fix cpu/irq menu off by one
* fix uint64_t printf format (use PRIu64)
* Also fetch node info for non-PCI devices
* Add hot pull method for irqbalance
* Add log for hotplug appropriately
* add irq hotplug feature for irqbalance
* Remove some unused constant macros in constants.h
* Add a deprecation notice for IRQBALANCE_BANNED_CPUS
* Add IRQBALANCE_BANNED_CPULIST to env file
* log correctly for isolated and nohz_full cpus
* Update README.md
* Add some examples for IRQBALANCE_BANNED_CPUS
* Adjust how we determine if a cpu is online
* activate_mapping: activate only online CPUs
* add env variable to ban cpus using cpulist syntax
* put arg parsing detail into parse_command_line()
* Updating configure script to version 1.7.0
* Add strlen checking for IRQBALANCE_BANNED_CPUS
* remove redundant "/" in SOCKET_TMPFS
* Fix typo in service unit file
* arm64: Add irq aff change check For aarch64, the PPIs format in /proc/interrputs can
be parsed and add to interrupt db, and next, the number of interrupts is counted and used
to calculate the load. Finally these interrupts maybe scheduled between the NUMA domains.
* Correct typos in irqbalance.c
* free cpu_ban_string when the next request come
* improve irq migrate rule to avoid high irq load
* make the option 'V' closer to the option with no arg
==== lua54 ====
- Add upstream-bugs.patch and upstream-bugs-test.patch to fix
bugs 2,3,4 for build and tests respectively.
==== pipewire ====
Version update (0.3.22 -> 0.3.23)
Subpackages: gstreamer-plugin-pipewire libpipewire-0_3-0 pipewire-modules
pipewire-spa-plugins-0_2 pipewire-spa-tools pipewire-tools
- Update to version 0.3.23:
+ Fixes for some critical bugs in last release.
+ Fix bug where audio was not drained properly at the end of
playback, causing repeating sound.
+ Profile and route switching was improved and should mimic
more what pulseaudio did.
+ Various fixes for xruns in capture and playback.
+ Bluetooth now supports delay adjustment and various other
+ The pulseaudio server now correctly identifies AC3 and DTS
streams and returns a not supported error instead of playing
+ Multichannel support was improved in the alsa plugin and
the channel mixer. Channels should now play on the right
speakers in all cases.
* PipeWire improvements
+ Small fixes and improvements in JSON parsing and encoding.
+ Improvements to param handling in audioconverter. It would
previously not always notify of changes.
+ Avoid updating some properties that we use internally such
as the object id and the node.id.
+ log.level in the config files is now actually used.
+ the PIPEWIRE_LATENCY env variable should always override
any application settings in filter/stream/jack.
+ The config file can now contain filer and stream properties
to, for example, control the resampler, mixer and latency.
+ Add sandboxing to the systemd services
+ Various FreeBSD fixes.
+ Improve draining and a way to exit the drain state as well.
+ Many multichannel fixes. Channel remapping should now be
+ Fix bug with repeating audio at the end of playback because
the drain in the resampler was not draining all channels.
+ RTKit default rt.prio has been increased to 88. This will
likely still be clamped to 20 until distros increase the
+ Don't try to switch to Pro Audio profile, this should be
a user choice only.
+ Don't crash when metadata was disabled such as when not
using the audio features of pipewire.
+ Rework the profile and route handling.
+ Add systemd unit files for the media-session
+ Device names should now also have sane names so that tab
pactl completion works on them.
* Device support
+ Fix ALSA format enumeration in more cases. Use the channels
and rate as a filter.
+ Make sure the graph doesn't ever use buffers larger than
the alsa device buffer size or we get xruns.
+ Tuning of the alsa device timeout handling and dynamic
resampler. There should now not be any xruns when streams
appear and disappear or when the quantum changes.
+ Fix bug in alsa device when reassigning to a new driver,
in some cases the dynamic resampler was not activated and
things would drift out of sync and fail.
+ Fixes in quantum changes for ALSA capture and how the
resampler is drained and fed with the new samples.
+ Delay adjustment has been implemented now. Bluetooth
devices should now be more synchronized with video due
to proper delay reporting. Because BT delays can be
large, it can cause hickups in some players.
+ Fix volume in bluetooth devices.
+ Codec switch improvements.
* PulseAudio server
+ Latency offset adjustment is now implemented and functional
for bluetooth devices. It is not working for alsa devices
+ Handle unsupported formats. Previously we would accept encoded
formats and play noise. This fixes AC3 playback in vlc.
+ Move some of the configurable parameters to the config file.
+ Fix a fatal use after free when playing samples
+ Improve module handling. loaded modules now show up in the
list of modules and can be unloaded. This also prepares the
core for more module implementations later.
* ALSA plugin
+ Fix drain with very large buffers, we need to manually start
the stream before draining.
+ Fix the channel layout handling.
+ Improve compatibility with apps that expect the poll to only
return when there is activity.
+ Fix drain for capture
+ Add a config option to shorten and filter client names
+ Increase the length of the client name size and make sure
we don't exceed the allocated size.
+ We now include our own jack header files so we can build
without depending on another jack-devel package. We don't
yet install the headers or provide pkgconfig files.
- Move alsa-card-profiles to modules subpackage, they are always
- Build/install the `pw-top` tool:
+ Add pkgconfig(ncurses) BuildRequires to satisfy the build deps
==== procps ====
- Don't install translated man pages for non-installed binaries
==== userspace-rcu ====
Version update (0.12.1 -> 0.12.2)
- update to 0.12.2:
* fix: exclude clang from GCC version blacklists
* aarch64: blacklist gcc prior to 5.1
* Fix: configure: support Autoconf 2.70
* fix: bump tests thread limit to 4096
* cleanup: Improve wording of CONFIG_RCU_DEBUG description
* fix: explicitly include urcu/config.h in files using CONFIG_RCU_ defines
* Fix typo in README.md
* fix: add -lurcu-common to pkg-config libs for each flavor
* call_rcu: Fix race between rcu_barrier() and call_rcu_data_free()