On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 10:03:34AM -0400, Jim Hartzell wrote:
Some programs have newer versions out there but SUSE
for them are hard to find, XASTIR is one.
Hmm, IIRC Xastir has a licence issue...
Ah, yes, found it. rotated.c states:
/* xvertext 5.0, Copyright (c) 1993 Alan Richardson (mppa3(a)uk.ac.sussex.syma)
* Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
* documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided
* that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both the
* copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting
* documentation. All work developed as a consequence of the use of
* this program should duly acknowledge such use. No representations are
* made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is
* provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
IMHO (however, IANAL) this is is incompatible to the GPL ("without fee"
collides with section 6 of the GPL: "You may not impose any further
restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted herein.")
Thus I feel reluctant to package Xastir, despite Xastir being an excellent
Joerg Reuter DL1BKE http://yaina.de/jreuter
And I make my way to where the warm scent of soil fills the evening air.
Everything is waiting quietly out there.... (Anne Clark)