Feature changed by: Clayton smaug42 (smaug42)
Feature #313212, revision 3
Title: add menu tree in kickoff menu search
Package Wishlist: Unconfirmed
Requested by: Jean-Daniel Dodin (jdd)
Partner organization: openSUSE.org
- In the kickoff menu, there is a search window allowing to find an
- application known by it's name. But this search box do not allow to
- know where this application is located in the menu tree. It's probably
- easy, as the menu entry is found, to display the hole path in the menu
+ In the KickOff menu, there is a search window allowing a user to search
+ for and find an application by name, but this search box does not show
+ the user where this application is located in the menu tree.
+ It would be helpful, as the menu entry is found, to display the whole
+ menu tree path to the application.
- Install dvdstyler. Do not know where it's located in the menu tree. Do
- not find in in /multimedia/editing.
- type dvds in the search box, see "dvdstyler" and can leunch it from
- there, but if was shown the exact place (multimedia/writer/dvstyler),
- could more easily find it nex time
+ Install dvdstyler. The uses does not know where it is located in the
+ menu tree. A first guess looking in /multimedia/editing and the user
+ will not find dvdstyler.
+ The user types "dvds" in the search box, and sees "dvdstyler". The
+ application can be launched from the search results, but if was shown
+ the exact place (multimedia/writer/dvstyler), the user would more
+ easily find it next time
Business case (Partner benefit):
: makes it easier to understand a meny tree sometime
- knowing the path allow also you to find other similar application
- installed by default (or two years ago and forgotten :-)
: It can be difficult to discover or find applications that
+ have been installed.
+ Knowing the path will help the user understand their menu tree better,
+ and assist them with discovering similar applications installed by
+ default (or two years ago and forgotten :-) )